Valentine’s Day is around the corner. For some of us, it’s one of our absolute favorite holidays. We get to be showered with chocolates, flowers and get all dressed up for a nice evening out with our significant other. However, for some of us, this holiday can be really tough. We don’t have someone to share the special day with and that can be mentally hard. Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers or people with a significant other. It’s for EVERYONE, regardless of your relationship status. This year, try throwing a Galentine’s Day party to celebrate the day of love with your best gal friends. Here’s how!
BY LUCI WORMELL
Valentine’s Day is around the corner. For some of us, it’s one of our absolute favorite holidays. We get to be showered with chocolates, flowers and get all dressed up for a nice evening out with our significant other. However, for some of us, this holiday can be really tough. We don’t have someone to share the special day with and that can be mentally hard.
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers or people with a significant other. It’s for EVERYONE, regardless of your relationship status. This year, try throwing a Galentine’s Day party to celebrate the day of love with your best gal friends. Here’s how!
1. Pick a color scheme – This is the main part of your event. What colors do you want to use? What colors make you feel happy? What colors will be warm and inviting? For my Galentine’s Day party, I went with neutral and blush tones with a little sparkle from the sequins. Once I had my color scheme down, everything else was easy peasy! If you’re more of a bold color kind of gal, do bold colors: blues, purples, oranges! This is your party and it should bring out your personality.
2. Create a menu – For my party, I made everything with the help of a few hands. I wanted to keep it on a budget so making everything homemade was the easiest. The menu included chicken, bacon, and mozzarella panini, tomato and basil soup, and a variety of desserts (a chocolate fondue fountain, mini cheesecakes, cookies, and more)! Because everything was homemade, it made the party even more special. A lot of time and attention to detail was put into each delicious bite.
3. Party favors – When I throw a party, I always want my guests to come home with something special. For this party, I decided on fresh handmade flower crowns. We made 50 flower crowns the night before. I wouldn’t have done it without the help of a couple friends. Everyone wore the crowns for pictures so I think it’s safe to say it was a hit! If you don’t have a lot of time, you can give out cookies or a simple note with a fresh flower attached as party favors. Remember, it’s the thought that counts.
4. Guest List – Who do you invite to a Galentine’s Party? All of your best gal friends of course! You could even invite your mom, aunt, grandma if you are close to them. I actually made my party open to the public. There were a few people who I haven’t met before but followed me on my social media. It was great to finally meet them in person and connect with other mom friends. Remember, this is your party. Your guest list is whoever you want to celebrate this great day with.
5. It’s time to shine – Now that you have all the details of the party planned, it’s time for you to pick out your outfit, your hairstyle, your makeup, and shine! Wear something a little dressier than you usually would. After all, you are the star of the show. It’s your time to shine!
I hope this gave you an idea of how to throw a fun Galentine’s day party with your friends. I also hope Valentine’s Day this year will be amazing for all of you. It’s about perspective. Let’s celebrate love.
Hello, my name is Luci. I am a mom of two from Arizona. I graduated from ASU with a degree in Social Work. However, after college I wanted to become a mom. My son was born in April 2016 and about a year later my daughter was born. They are my Irish twins who I adore and love very much. Motherhood has taught me a lot about myself. I’ve learned to be more patient, more loving, more open-minded, and more selfless. It has made me become a stronger woman.
I have struggled for many years with depression (before having my children). It played a huge part after having my daughter. In March of 2018, I collaborated with The Commit Campaign and shared my story on depression and motherhood. It reached many hearts and I received many heart-breaking but inspiring messages. I had a platform I never knew existed. By being transparent with my struggles and sharing my story, it had helped many people to feel and know that they are not alone. I cannot wait to share with you all some of the things that has helped me with my mental health and how we should take care of our mental health as a woman and as a mother.
Visit our contributor section for posts on beauty, family and more.
3 Easy Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas
While I get the argument that it’s a hallmark holiday made up to make $$, I still think it’s fun to celebrate the theme of love. Whether that be with your beau, your bffs, or your family, I enjoy a day where it’s solely focused on telling the people you love how special they are to you.
When it comes to dressing up for holidays, I always try to pick outfits that I could also wear almost any other time or season. Themes are my JAM, but nobody likes spending money on something you can only wear 1 day a year. Below, I created 3 Valentine’s Day looks with pieces that were already in my closet (hello multi-purpose items!), and are things you could wear all the time.