Every evening we walk down to the beach to watch the sunset. It is so so so beautiful every time and everything about being there makes me happy. The kids running to me with their arms wide open, jumping over waves, the color of the sun reflecting on the water, the waves crashing, Chauncey running and splashing in the ocean, and the walk home when we are sandy and its getting dark. I will always remember these special nights with my family where everything feels so so good. I think its hard to not count your blessings when watching a sunset. I was feeling guilty for not getting out and exploring this amazing island more because it has so much to offer. But really, even if we just went to the same beach and did the same thing every single day .. I would be so so happy. Some things I hope to remember...
- Atticus had his first "crush" today. It was a girl probably my age on the beach. He would bring her little gifts like sea shells and charcoal .. and after would walk away with the sweetest, most embarrassed face. It was sooo cute. He found any excuse to go stand by her.
- The kids lovvve when David and I run ahead and kneel down with our arms wide open. They both run to us with their arms wide open and dive into our arms. They do this over and over and over again.
- Rosie is VERY affectionate and probably give both of us kisses about 50 times a day without even asking her. She loves to pucker up (only her bottom lip) and gives me kiss -- then says "dada mmm mmm" and give David a kiss. She goes back and forth about 6 times. It is our FAVORITE.
- The sassy strut that Rosie does down the street on her way to the beach.
- David makes Atticus fishing poles out of sticks, a rock, and whatever they can find for string. Love watching him catch"fishies"
- Atticus trying to surf. I am so impressed by how fearless he is becoming and I love to watch him get right back up again and again after falling.