TEE: Piperlime // LIPSTICK: NARS 'Heat Wave'
Hey gals! Today I have a new hair how-to and this one is a favorite of mine! I love tying my hair up in ponytails on days when my hair is greasy and a couple of days old or not working with me. This is an easy way to spice up a regular ponytail! So here are the steps:
1. Apply TRESemmé Platinum Strength Heat Protectant Spray (which will protect your hair from all the damaging effects from the heat!) and curl your hair - I used a flat iron for my curls! (This step is, of course, optional if you prefer to have a straight pony instead! :) )
2. With a middle part, take one side and begin doing a dutch braid incorporating all the hair from the crown forward. Repeat that on other side.
3. Mist TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray on the braid to set it in place and then begin to pull each piece out making the braid look fuller and bigger. Do this on the entire length of the braid and repeat on other side. (The hairspray will help you form the braid how you want it but with a flexible hold!)
4. Grab the braids and remaining hair and tie all of it into a ponytail and then take a small section of hair and wrap around the ponytail to hide any elastics.
5. Once you have done that, you can finish off by misting TRESemmé Smooth & Silky No Frizz Shine Spray for added shine and voila! You are done!
**Photos by Ashlee Brooke Photography
39 comments | Join the Conversation
I love your hair dutch braid! So beautiful!
This is absolutely gorgeous
Love it !!!
Hey! I’m in love with all your hairdos, you do such a good job with hair.
Brasil loves ya and your family! Your hair is so perfect! Congrats!
Could you tell me why your old posts don’t work? when I click shows just “sorry” 🙁
Anyway, you are so beautiful I love yours tutorials!
Maybe you can do some make up tutorials? it will be amazing!
Best wishes from Poland! xx
I LOVE this! Great tutorial!
Like The Yogurt Fashion. DIY. Beauty
I absolutely love this! Now if I could just grow my hair out a bit longer so I can do it ha! I loved your recent post on how to get long hair by the way!
I cant wait to try this look!! So cute!
Hi Amber, can you please explain how you hide your extensions when you do french braids? I just got a set and don’t really know how to handle them yet. Thanks!
this tutorial is great! It´s super easy and looks gorgeous. I will try it tomorrow..
Which extensions do you use for that? Are those clip-ins?
Wish you three all the best! xx
Your hair is seriously perfection! Loved this tutorial!
I love the braids! How do you braid with your extensions in though?
I know I’m totally going to try it this week! Braids are the only thing I really can do and hold my very thick hair! Love all your creativity with braids!
Thanks Adri!! Jealous of your thick hair! 🙂
You always have the best hair tutorials! Will definitely be giving this one a try…
P.s I read your recent post on Hair Growth and you mentioned there is a sun protectant product for hair. I have been looking everywhere for one and can’t find anything. Do you know of one?
Sincerely Miss Ash
Thanks girl! So I can’t find the one I have online.. it was from a random salon in AZ and has lasted me 3 years haha but here is a link for some other options – http://www.handbag.com/beauty-bag/i681707-1/top-10-sun-protecting-hair-products-phyto-phytoplage-loriginale-protective-sun-oil.html#a420404
love this style! so chill, yet still refined. thanks for the tutorial.
a simple elegance
Thanks Arielle, glad you like it! xx
Oh love that you wrap a piece around for the pony tail hold! x
Always adds the finishing touch 🙂
I always love your dutch braids!! I am going to try asap!
The Style Storm
What a beautiful way to style your hair! Thanks for sharing!
New look on my blog!
Awesome tutorial! It looks beautiful 🙂
Thank you Mira!