I hosted a dinner party a few weeks ago and shared some time with some beautiful mamas. I had never done anything like this before and was inspired by another blogger and am so happy I went through with it. I often get ideas of things I want to do, make, and places I want to go but to be honest it's hard to actually get to it and make it happen. Things take time to plan out and coordinate and if it's not part of my “routine life” then it's usually placed on the back burner.
BY MALENA PAZ
I hosted a dinner party a few weeks ago and shared some time with some beautiful mamas. I had never done anything like this before and was inspired by another blogger and am so happy I went through with it. I often get ideas of things I want to do, make, and places I want to go but to be honest it’s hard to actually get to it and make it happen. Things take time to plan out and coordinate and if it’s not part of my “routine life” then it’s usually placed on the back burner.
As the night’s gets cooler and the leaves start changing, I think fall is a great time to host a dinner party and spend some time outside with good company. Here are a few things to consider when hosting an outdoor dinner party…
1. Invite Many, Expect Few : This is especially true when dealing with mothers. It’s not a bad thing but it’s the reality of having busy lives with children. I invited 20 women, expected 12 and ended up with 8. Which ended up being a perfect number for the evening.
2. Make it Special : This may be different for each person. For me, I wanted to focus on the details. I wanted to make the dinner cozy, intimate and pretty.
3. Play Some Music : The number one rule of party hosting, make sure you have some good background music to set the mood.
4. Serve tasty Food : This might be a given so I’m mentioning it just as a reminder. Make sure any food you serve is tasty and warm. If you’re up to it-try making a tasty homemade meal or be like me and have someone else to do the work and get it catered.
5. Enjoy Yourself : The most important note to remember! There’s no point in putting so much effort into something if you’re not going to be able to enjoy it. Have fun, relax and take some time to chat and get to know your friends.
Hope this inspires you to put in that extra effort and host that party!
I’m Malena, I’m a mom of two and have been married for 10 years now to the love of my life. I’m a southern girl-born and raised in Atlanta Ga but my family is from Argentina so I have a little of that Latin flare.
When I became a blogger one of the hardest things I had to do was come up with a name. I researched, looked around to see what everyone else was doing and honestly went crazy trying to come up with the perfect name. I like to write and share so many different aspects of my life that I couldn’t just focus on one thing, so my husband and I came up with “Living with Paz”. So simple right? We wanted to take you along this journey of life with the Paz family. BUT…
What you may not know is that Paz in Spanish means peace, and that is also what I hope to express through my blog. I want you to live a life in abundance, full of peace and joy. Living your life to the fullest and being the best version of yourself. Not only for personal growth and happiness but also for your children, family and loved ones.
You can find me on my blog at www.livingwithpaz.com.
Savor the Moment : Tips for Being Mindfully Present
In talking with a friend the other day she was telling me about her life with starting her own business, wanting to start a family and plans for her future. It made me realize that we are all going through our own, different journeys. There was a season of my life, after we experienced a miscarriage, where all I wanted in life was to be pregnant. It was what I thought of everyday and it consumed me.